EFFECTIVE DATE: July 5th, 2021
In this Policy, “we” and “our” means J Bro’s Lures, and “you” means any person who visits our website, corresponds with us, or calls us on the phone. When we refer to “personal information” in this Policy, we mean information that directly identifies you (such as your name, address, or email address) or data that could be used to indirectly identify you.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We collect a variety of types of personal information including:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, billing and shipping address, payment information, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, items in your online shopping cart, and other information about your profile or account;
- Correspondence information, including information about your email or other written communications with us and information that you share in your emails and other written communications with us;
- Call recordings, including information about your call and that information you share when you call us on the phone;
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or other device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, location and geo-location data, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate our website, the website pages and items you view using our website, and the items you purchase.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- We collect information on our website, through email or other written correspondence with you, and during calls with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. We collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, visit or use our website, place an order with us, contact us by email, by phone, or by online chat, register for an online account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, comment on blog posts, engage in a promotional activity, or sign up for emails, newsletters, or marketing;
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website (for example, to share purchases and other content from our website with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and other automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use to access our website; or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Automatic collection methods we use include:
- Cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and typically are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser), including performance cookies (which collect aggregated information to allow us to count visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website), functionality cookies (which support user interactions or enable interactive features of our website), and certain targeting cookies (which may be set through our website by our advertising partners, who may use these cookies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites);
- Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, or open an email we send to you);
- Website log files (which we tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website); and
- Other technologies (which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the products, services, and experiences that you request or that we think may be of interest to you. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain with other information that we collect or obtain, including but not limited to information obtained from third parties with which we choose to work. We use information:
- To provide you with products and services, fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account; and to provide you with products and services that you request or that we think may be of interest to you;
- To respond to you, when you: place an order; correspond with us by email or other written means, call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience and on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the “Your Choices” Section below);
- For analytics, to: understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website and associated products and services;
• For our business purposes: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; to enforce, apply or comply with any of our terms or policies, including but not limited to this Policy; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal, contractual and safety purposes to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; verify your identity or communications from you; comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party; notify you of changes to our terms, policies and practices; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for their own direct marketing or advertising purposes unless you request or consent to such sharing, or as otherwise described below. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. We share personal information with:
- Our affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you, or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, our legal advisors, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your consent, although we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
ONLINE ADVERTISING, ANALYTICS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES WE WORK WITH
We work with third party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our website, and on third party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information, including automatically collected information when you use our website, through the methods described in the “How We Collect Information” Section above (see “Using cookies and automatic collection methods”). These third party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may share personal information with the third party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes unless you request or consent to such sharing and use. We may also share other information in our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for our marketing, advertising, and other purposes. For information about the choices you have about the online advertising practices described in this section, please see the “Your Choices and Access Requests” Section below.
We use Google Analytics, Hotjar, VWO, and Snowplow to measure and report how users interact with our website, emails and advertisements to analyze the traffic to our website and for the other purposes set forth in the “How We Use Information” Section above.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS REQUESTS
We strive to offer you choices about how certain personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by utilizing the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email and Mobile Text Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails or mobile texts by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails or mobile texts you receive from us. Please note that opting out of receiving marketing or advertising emails or mobile texts from us will not apply to transactional communications or legal notices, for example, emails about your orders or about changes to our terms, policies and business practices.
- Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may offer settings relating to cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and other similar technologies. We encourage to you to visit your device’s help menu to learn about your options to limit tracking when using your device.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. You may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or calling us at the address and telephone number specified in the “Additional Information and Contacting Us” section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
SECURITY AND RETENTION
We take steps, including various administrative, technical, and physical security measures, to help protect the security of personal information you share with us through our website, but information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure. We do not guarantee the security of your personal information. We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with products or services, to carry out legitimate business interests, and where otherwise required or permitted by law.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our website may provide links to other Internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
BROWSERS DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. There is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal. We currently do not respond to web browser DNT signals. For information about the choices you have about limiting how you are tracked online (for example, for advertising practices described in this Policy), please see the “Your Choices and Access Requests” Section above.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Once per calendar year, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides California residents with the right to receive: information identifying (names and addresses) any third party(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the preceding calendar year, your personal information for that third party’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed, where and as required under this law. To request such information free of charge, please contact us at [email protected].
Our website is not directed to or intended to be used by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us in connection with our website, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can take steps to delete the personal information that she or he provided as required in accordance with applicable law.
If you provide personal information through our website, you agree that the personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America and any other country or jurisdiction at our sole discretion. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information may be different than the laws and protections in your country.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND CONTACTING US
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at [email protected], by telephone at 330-488-4026, or by mail at the address below:
J Bro’s Lures
5672 Glena St
Louisville, Ohio 44641
Updates to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the top of this Policy. By continuing to use our website after being notified of material changes to this Policy, you agree that the terms of this Policy as of the effective date will apply to information previously collected or collected in the future.