The Uni knot is a multi-purpose fishing knot used in angling that can be used for attaching the fishing line to the spool of a reel, for joining main line to leader/backing lines, and for attaching lures, swivels, hooks and snaps.
Lets get started:
1. Run 6 to 12 inches (15 to 30cm) of line through the eye of the hook or swivel. Thread fishing line through the eye of the hook or swivel then fold it over the eye so the tag (short) end runs parallel with the main (long) line for at least 6 to 12 inches (15 to 30cm).
2. Loop the tag end over the lines. Keeping the lines doubled, wrap the tag end back up and over the 2 lines to create a small loop on 1 side
3. Wrap the tag end through the loop and around the lines 5-6 times. Make sure you are wrapping the tag end around both the lines but not the loop.
4. Pull the tag end to tighten the coils. Put 1 hand near the eye of the hook and the other on the tag end. It can be helpful to moisten the end of the line to improve your grip when tightening the coils.
- Apply a moisture to the lines to keep them wet so the knot will slide easily.
5. Slide the coils toward the eye. Hold the main line in 1 hand and pull down as you use the other hand to slide the coils toward the eye to snug up the knot to hook or swivel.
6. Trim the excess line. Use a knife or scissors to carefully trim any excess off the tag end.
Thank you for checking in with J Bro’s this week. Please let us know if you have any questions. Email us at [email protected]